Sunday, February 6, 2011

Meet the Teacher...Linky Party

Reading blogs are so much fun. I've lately found some AWESOME teaching blogs that have inspired me to tailor our library blog to include ideas for librarians and teachers...booktalks, research units, a book of the week, and so much more!


One teacher blog that I especially like following is First Grade Parade. Mrs. Carroll has started a linky party for teachers. Since librarians are teachers too...here goes!

My name is Rene' Hobbie. I've been in the educational field for 23 years! I still get excited about hearing new teaching ideas that will motivate kiddos to read and learn.

A little bit about me...I am married to an awesome man. We will celebrate our fifteenth anniversary in April.


We have a nine year old son named Parker that attends school at Allen. He's in the third grade.


Now for Questions and Answers:
What would you be doing if you weren't a teacher?
I always thought it would be nice to be a stay at home mom, but after being snowed in for four days, I know that probably wouldn't last long. I'd have to surround myself with books and kids...how about a children's bookstore owner?

What are your hobbies?
reading, scrapbooking, stamping, and lately...blogging!

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
For a time, I wanted to be a stewardess, but I didn't grow tall enough. I'm 5'0, and stewardess must be 5'2. All in all, things worked out just fine, because I am terrified of flying!

What are your guilty pleasures?
Mexican food, Facebook, watching American Idol, shopping on-line, purchasing clipart!

What is your biggest fear?
I already answered this one. FLYING! Sometimes I have to do it, though! I just pray really hard.

When you're on vacation, where do you like to go?
My family went to Disney World at Thanksgiving. It was so much fun that we're planning to go back soon. Other than Disney, I like vacationing where it is warm but not too hot. I love to walk the beach! Historical destinations are also lots of fun.

What's the best advice you've ever received?
A wise pastor once told me to walk through doors until they close. That advice has served me well several times.

What do you value most in others?
A kind heart!

If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
The ability to see the good in others.

If you could have lunch with anyone...living or dead...who would it be?
I understand that my Grandpa Ruggles was a sweetheart of a man. I'd love to have the opportunity to meet him.

Now tell us something random about yourself.
This will date me, but I was once a contestant on the tv show Bozo the Clown. Also, I don't like anything sweet to eat! I know...totally weird.

I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me. I'd love to get to know YOU!

If you'd like to participate in the teacher linky party, click on the button below!

No comments: